Roofriendly Ltd Complaints Procedure
Our Aim : Roofriendly Ltd is committed to providing a quality service for its customers working in an open and accountable way that builds the trust and respect. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our customers and in particular by responding positively to complaints and do our best to respond as quickly as possible and put matters right if we can.
Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- Making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- We treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response;
- We deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially;
- We respond in the right way - for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc.;
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally and dealt with quickly. Our aims are to:
- Resolve informal concerns quickly;
- Keep matters low-key;
- Enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
Roofriendly Ltd defines a complaint as 'any expression of dissatisfaction (with Roofriendly Ltd or with a member of staff) that relates to Shermin Finance Limited and that requires a formal response'.
The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant's satisfaction.
Roofriendly Ltd's responsibility will be to:
- Acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
- Respond within a stated period of time;
- Deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint;
- Take action where appropriate.
A complainant's responsibility is to:
- Bring their complaint, in writing, to Roofriendly Ltd attention normally within 8 weeks of the issue arising;
- Raise concerns promptly and directly with a member of staff in Shermin Finance Limited;
- Explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
- Allow Roofriendly Ltd a reasonable time to deal with the matter;
- Recognise that some circumstances may be beyond Roofriendly Ltd control.
Responsibility for Action: All employed and self-employed Roofriendly Ltd
Confidentiality: Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and Roofriendly Ltd maintain confidentiality. However, the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint judged on its own merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
Monitoring and Reporting: Roofriendly Ltd will produce annually an anonymized report of complaints made and their resolution.
Formal Complaints Procedure
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write or email to the member of staff who dealt with you, or their manager, so that he or she has a chance to put things right. If your complaint concerns a member of Roofriendly Ltd staff, you should write formally to the individual concerned. In your letter you should set out the details of your complaint, the consequences for you as a result, and the remedy you are seeking.
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation within 28 working days.
You can contact us to complain by calling 01522 522200 or email email@example.com or in writing to: Unit 1 Witham Point Wavell Drive Lincoln LN3 4PL
Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not for profit debt advice providers.
The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once a company has had the opportunity to investigate matters, so please contact us first.
If you are not satisfied with the final response or if eight weeks have passed since you first let us know about your concerns, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your complaint. You must do this within 6-months of the date of our final response letter.
Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service By post: Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR By phone: 0800 0234 567 – free for people phoning from a ‘fixed’ line (e.g. a landline at home) 0300 1239 123 – free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 and 02.