Puzzled about choosing between composite and uPVC doors? Here’s a quick review to help you make an informed decision that’s right for your home and budget…
Durability & Security: The Lowdown
- Composite Doors: With a combo of materials, including wood, uPVC, and glass-reinforced plastic (GRP), they’re resistant to warping and super secure.
- uPVC Doors: They shine in durability and feature enhanced security with systems like multi-point locking.
Energy-Efficiency: Keeping Things Cosy
Both doors perform well in terms of conserving energy however a composite door offers that little more when it comes to helping you reduce your energy costs.
- Composite Doors: Layered construction, insulating foam, and weather-resistant seals provide top-tier insulation.
- uPVC Doors: They reduce heat loss, making your energy bills and Mother Earth happy!
Aesthetic Appeal: What’s Your Style?
- Composite Doors: Mimic the classic timber look and come in a plethora of colours, finishes, and glass options.
- uPVC Doors: Whilst they’ve less of a wooden look, there’s lots of different styles and colours whatever your preferences.
Maintenance: The Care Factor
- uPVC Doors: Low maintenance champions! A damp cloth wipe usually does the trick.
- Composite Doors: Require occasional love to keep their charm and ensure longevity. There’s more on composite door maintenance in this article.
Cost Consideration: Value for Money
- uPVC Doors: Generally lighter on the pocket, they’re the go-to if you’re on a budget or the location of the door requires less aesthetic appeal.
- Composite Doors: They might have a higher initial cost, but their durability and premium look often justify the investment.
The Roofriendly Verdict
While both doors perform exceptionally in their own right, your choice ultimately boils down to personal style and budget. Whatever option you choose you can trust us to deliver a great product and service. Clive Hunter’s 5-star review after getting his new door installed is worth a look if you’re thinking about who to get your new door installed by:
“We were cold called as they were in the area and we did need a new back door. Very efficient service just what we wanted. Friendly fitter, did a good job, cleaned up afterwards. Very pleased.” – Clive Hunter ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
In conclusion, whether it’s the timeless allure of a composite door or the modern simplicity of a uPVC door, we’ll get your homes entrance looking stunning and making sure it’s keeping the inside of your home draught free and ready for all weathers! Like to get a free quote?